8.16.2011

dirty laundry

We have a couple of rooms in the house left to finish on our list: 1)being the laundry room 2)being the master bath & closet.

I've started adding some decor to the laundry room because all it lacks are the cabinets and the sink..Now for a laundry room you can really go for whatever look you want. It's one of those spaces in your home where not everyone is going to see it, but it is where you will be spending a lot of time. So you might as well have a fun, enjoyable space to work in!

For me, my inspiration came from my washer & dryer. I fell in love with them the very first time I laid my eyes on them. That's right, love at first sight does exist! Now I realize not everyone is going to have a colorful teal W&D that can set the decor in motion, and that's okay! If your W&D are a neutral color, you can really go in any direction you wish. But for me, I went for a look that involved jewel tones because of the teal...

I will do a followup when it is complete because I have it all envisioned and planned. I just have to wait for the cabinet and sink to be able to complete my look! But here is what I have so far...






{the details}

1) curtain- multi pattern stripe fabric: sewn by none other than little o' me! ((sewing is a new adventure/hobby I am currently learning and enjoying I might add!))
2) vintage laundry prints- frames from: a)pink 5X7 baroque style frames and b) teal 5X7 recatangles
3) chandelier-((the key to making laundry time more enjoyable, I promise!!)) If you haven't tried placing chandeliers anywhere other than above a dining room table, I challenge you to give it a try...they spark a little happiness and a touch of glamour to any space! Other places you will find them in our house: over the kitchen sink, dining table, master closet, entry, laundry, & nursery..I would probably put them in every single space in the house but I realize it might be a little much :D And don't let a chandelier intimidate you, not all of them are expensive. Shop around, check places like lowes, home depot or garbe's...or even online. You can find fabulous chandeliers that aren't too gaudy or expensive, so don't let that discourage you either. I know some people think chandelier=gaudy or expensive but it really doesn't!

So that's where our laundry room stands right now! I can not wait to finish the look and have it all complete. But for now you can find me washing our dirty laundry under the glow of a chandelier darling!

Until next blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment