8.11.2011

DIY or BUY?

Recent Kitchen DIY...

Sometimes I just can't seem to find the perfect things for my home decor...I search and search finding some things that might work, but never truly finding the perfect thing that I am looking for or that seems to fit. I'm not picky where I look either...it can be anywhere from pottery barn, target, hobby lobby...tj maxx, anywhere. I'm just in the search for certain things that I just can't seem to find. Then I was fabric shopping, of all things, and had a light bulb moment...I'll just DIY! All else fails, stop searching for what you are looking for and make it! Just go for it! Not only will it be exactly what you were looking for, but you will have a sense of pride because you made it and you can't buy that anywhere :D












These are hanging in my kitchen! Above the sink, on the end of our cabinets. I bought 2 (5x7) picture frames (50% off @ Joann's) Acrylic Paint (@ Michael's for .99) and made the two pictures in Word. In the top one (Keep Calm & Carry On) I embellished it after the fact with a cute crown sticker I found in my scrapbook stuff!

DIY, Cute, Personal & Inspirational when I'm in the kitchen! Now go make what you are looking for, it may just be hiding inside you, not on a shelf at the store.

Until next blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment