9.20.2011

focal point


When we got married and moved into our first house, I came up with this arrangement for our pictures and it just kind of stuck with me from that house to our current home. I loved the mixture of frames/prints and that it gave it a different look...than say, just hanging them up "normally". Over the years I have received many compliments on it and it has become a sort of focal point in our living room. 


Always remember when you are hanging things on the wall that you can: a) use different frames [shape, color/finishes, size, etc...] b) use a different mixture of photo finishes [b&w, sepia, color...] and/ mix in artwork, quotes, etc...and c) have fun! there are no rules on what you can do because it's YOUR space, be creative and just go with it

2 comments:

Jordon said...

This is so hard for me! Lol! My OCD creeps out and I have to have matchy matchy matchy! I am trying to branch out of it though!!!

ww. said...

You can do it! You should check this out...

http://c497280.r80.cf2.rackcdn.com/2010/05/bhgarrangingart.jpg

Then you won't put any holes in the wall until you figure out how you like it! (bonus for keeping the hubby happy!) AND you could even leave it up for a few days to see if you can live with it :D

Post a Comment